Tonight was Corbin's first soccer practice and I was in such a dumb found emotional state when I realized that yes I am a soccer mom now. I guess I need the tacky soccer ball with the team name and his number on it stuck on my back window to complete the image but for now my nice SUV will remain unmarked until he is old enough for the cleverness to beg for it so he can match the other kids. This is our first team sport so I am looking forward to watching his skills develop through the season (which ends the first of October). He did pretty good tonight considering a) he has never played before (except messing around with Zach and I in the culdasack) b)he is one of the youngest players on the team c)he is one of three out of the twelve kids that has never been in a organized sport - apparently the majority of the team all played baseball together last season. Corbin is very excited to be playing and I am very excited at the potential prospect of channeling his energy into something productive. Now I just need to find a deal on some soccer cleats and a regulation size 3 soccer ball (I already got the socks and shin guards).
Ready for practice (well almost, Mom forgot to get the cleats yet)
Look at the Coach's pose - can you tell he is military?
Here is Corbin dribbling across the field - he did pretty good.
Hunter's first experience with grass - he loved to touch it with his hands and dig his toes into it.
1 comment:
He is so cute in his little shin guards! I hope he has fun! And as for the WW chinese food---anytime, anyplace! It's on!
Post a Comment