Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Summer - Where did you go?

So as we are now in August and Corbin starts school next week I have come to question what happened to this summer? It seems that even though we have all been sweating outside in the heat for several months the actual time frame has gone so fast. Granted part of that is due to having Zach deployed for part of that and the fact that some of my days are a blur from a lack of sleep with a new baby and a toddler that has the energy of the tasmanian devil. However, it just leaves me in awe because I remember as a child that it seemed like summer break lasted forever and now as an "old adult" the summer is oh too short. Don't get me wrong, I will enjoy having some free time with Hunter while Corbin goes to school for 3 1/2 hours five days a week but at the same time it doesn't seem like we have done that much. I'm sure that also has to do with crazy gas prices and the fear of driving more than ten miles a week because it will put anybody in debt (especially driving my oh so gas friendly SUV that I love). But as I think back on what we have actually accomplished I think we still did pretty good having gone through: Zach's deployment, James and Nicole's Wedding, our 5th Anniversary, three visits from family, and lots of quality time with friends (including Coast Guard Day). Overall I think we actually did pretty well - now it is coming time for the whirlwind I call Fall so strap in and get ready because it is always crazy.

No comments: